Friday, June 20, 2014

Goodbye, Beckett McKenzie

Alas, the sole heir of the great Mike McKenzie has passed away.

He died peacefully in front of the TV, with all his loved ones around.
Beckett was the first McKenzie to be born in game and have his life documented from birth til death, which is nice. In fact, I have a screenshot of the moment his mother discovered she was pregnant with him.

Just in time, she was four days off becoming an elder

Beckett as a baby, with Mike
Reading with Dad
Doing homework with Dad
Doing high school homework with Dad
He slept in the same bedroom all his life, though it looks a little different now than it did when he was a baby.


I was going to write a little story about him with pictures, but that would take forever, so instead here are some of the highlights of his life.

First Snowflake Day!

Meeting his future wife (she was already planning her ring)

Becoming a Panic at the Disco fan

The time he went to prom with a guy and I thought he was gay

But then Eveline came back

And he decided he was straight (or perhaps bi)

Proposing to Eveline (I hope it was an emerald ring)
Getting ready to be a dad

Clementine being born

Getting married
Reading with the kids
Living with a werewolf

Taking the family to France 
Being ridiculously handsome at his niece's birthday party

Wedding anniversary

Eveline is going to miss him A LOT. I kind of hope she goes soon too, so they won't be apart for too long. I honestly thought he had a few more days left. I didn't check how old he was, but I'm pretty sure he couldn't have been more than 92 or 93. I've had Sims live more than ten days longer.

Still. He had a lovely life. He married his childhood sweetheart, went travelling, had two kids, became a 5 Star Chef, and was a fantastic gardener. Everyone in his family considered him a Best Friend, and he had about a billion more friends who loved him too. Mike would have been proud of him. I hope they're in Sim Heaven together (hey, that's an idea, I could make Sim Heaven. I could totally do that.)

He will be missed in Moonlight Falls. RIP Beckett.



No comments:

Post a Comment