Monday, March 3, 2014

February recap and legacy challenge!

Hey! I keep forgetting to blog nowadays, either because my life is so exciting and busy that I forget to write, or because it's so boring I have nothing to write about. Not sure which one. I've had shocking writers block this last month as well, pretty much since I got salmonella. It broke my writing brain. I did start a new piece on Sunday though, and so far I've written 4,000 words, so you know, that's....better. Not great, but better.

Here are some things I can remember that happened in February:

  • I went to the museum with my bestie Sam and saw lots of lovely rocks 
  • I bought Tim A LOT of jellybeans for Valentines Day (which are now nearly all gone)

  • I went to Soundwave and practically died in the Avenged Sevenfold pit
    Not pictured: the wall of death I accidentally got caught in
It was a pretty good month. Particularly the Soundwave bit. I go to either Soundwave or Big Day Out every year (not both, I'm not made of money) depending on what bands are playing, and this year Soundwave had Placebo again and Avenged Sevenfold, so they won out. My inner sixteen year old was very excited to see Green Day too. Me and my best friend Holly went through a massive Green Day phase back in the day. They didn't disappoint me either, they put on an awesome show. Their set was three hours long, but I had to miss half of it to go and see A7X. It was totally worth it. I've listened to A7X since I was 16 so I know all the words to their songs, and I always go to festivals alone so I can jump around like a fish and go nuts and not worry about anyone I know looking at me. (I know that's irrational). So it was a lovely time, even though I had to move back from the front because it was going NUTS up there and I'm very small so I was getting rather thrown around and trampled. It was worse than Rammstein and Tool combined. But perhaps not worse than the time I saw the Pretty Reckless. Teenage girls are BRUTAL.

In other news, I have almost finished my first Sims 3 legacy! WOOOOOOO!! If you don't know what a legacy is, I can't really be bothered explaining it, but basically you start with one broke Sim and keep playing til you have ten generations of the same family. It takes a LONG time, and there are many rules. Like you have to stay on the same home lot, and you can't use some of the 'cheaty' options in the game, and you can get points for having your Sims achieve their lifetime wish or have their portrait painted. You can read the original legacy challenge rules here.

I don't actually follow all those rules. I only follow the ones that I want to and bend others to make the game more fun. For instance, I often move my descendants out of the legacy home when the household becomes too full, and then switch to their household to make their new home nice and see how they're getting on. Also there are often glitches in the game that make following the rules more cheaty than NOT following the rules, like when your Sim gets a tattoo and it resets their age. I hate that.

Anyway, soon my first legacy will be finished, and I'm going to start a NEW one and I'm going to BLOG about it. I was going to make a new blog, but I think I might just do it here, because it's not like anythings going on with this blog anyway, so I may as well make it a Sims thing. I know that Sim blogs are a thing, but I've never read one because I always knew I might want to start one, and I didn't want to accidentally copy anyone, you know, with subconscious influence and all that. So mine is going to be totally my own ideas, and probably exactly like everyone else's.

I have to go see what Russia is up to now, goodbye. 


No comments:

Post a Comment